It’s been like 2 and a half weeks since I reached here and it feels only like 2 days. Probably because work’s been so crazy the 1st 2 weeks I got here. Oh and in case u guys wondering, it’s 12 hours difference between here and home.
Basically I work at Park Admissions, which means I’m at the gates. There’re like 4 entrance gates in the Park. Sometimes I work at cashier, selling tickets to ppl in a booth. Sometimes, I work at Season Passes, taking photos for ppl who wanna get a season pass that’ll take them into the park a few times for quite an expensive amount of money. Sometimes I work at the gates, collecting tickets from guests who enter the park.
So far, the best job is cashier because I’m in the booth which is air-conditioned and sheltered. And there’s usually another cashier in the booth so we can like chat if there’re no guests buying tickets. Working at the gates is kinda sian because if there're no guests coming into the park, no tickets to collect, it gets pretty boring.
Havent really got a chance to go around the park to play the rides and eat the food there. Soak City’s just opened for the season – that’s the water park in the amusement park. And with the crazy weather these days, I bet Soak City’s gonna be packed soon.
Speaking of which, the weather’s really like the rollercoasters in the park. It was really cold when I got here at first. Like 8-12 degrees Celsius kind of cold. And it was even hailing for a few days. It was like the 1st time I saw hail so I was like “cool!” But then again, being stuck in such cold weather makes one feel miserable. Even though u’re all wrapped up in like 5 layers, u’r still frickin cold.
But the past week has been like super hot. Like the weather just turned warm SUDDENLY. Just like that. It’s like even hotter here than in Singapore. And I’m so not kiddin. It was like up to 35 degrees Celsius. And it’s so difficult to get to sleep because we don have air-conditioning, not even fans. But we went to get ourselves a mini-fan each yesterday from Walmart so last nite was not too bad. And plus, it rained for the past 2 days in the afternoon so it kinda cooled the weather.
Ok, let’s hope that the weather stays cool and warm for the next few months. And I’m like I cant wait to get into the park to play the rides and take photos of everything, even though it’s my workplace la.
The ppl over here are pretty friendly, kinda different from back home. Like when u walk into a store, they’ll greet u and then when I’m working at the gates, ppl will greet up, make small talk and everything.
The food here’s kinda crappy. Don get a lot of vegetables here unless u buy them at the supermart. And it’s always sandwiches, bread, burgers, fries, pizza, pasta. I am so bored of all the food. I’m so wishing for some Chinese food man. I’ll take any crappy Cai Fun now la. And teh alia, roti prata, sambal kangkung, chicken rice, barley dessert, bubur hitam…yum.
Basically I work at Park Admissions, which means I’m at the gates. There’re like 4 entrance gates in the Park. Sometimes I work at cashier, selling tickets to ppl in a booth. Sometimes, I work at Season Passes, taking photos for ppl who wanna get a season pass that’ll take them into the park a few times for quite an expensive amount of money. Sometimes I work at the gates, collecting tickets from guests who enter the park.
So far, the best job is cashier because I’m in the booth which is air-conditioned and sheltered. And there’s usually another cashier in the booth so we can like chat if there’re no guests buying tickets. Working at the gates is kinda sian because if there're no guests coming into the park, no tickets to collect, it gets pretty boring.
Havent really got a chance to go around the park to play the rides and eat the food there. Soak City’s just opened for the season – that’s the water park in the amusement park. And with the crazy weather these days, I bet Soak City’s gonna be packed soon.
Speaking of which, the weather’s really like the rollercoasters in the park. It was really cold when I got here at first. Like 8-12 degrees Celsius kind of cold. And it was even hailing for a few days. It was like the 1st time I saw hail so I was like “cool!” But then again, being stuck in such cold weather makes one feel miserable. Even though u’re all wrapped up in like 5 layers, u’r still frickin cold.
But the past week has been like super hot. Like the weather just turned warm SUDDENLY. Just like that. It’s like even hotter here than in Singapore. And I’m so not kiddin. It was like up to 35 degrees Celsius. And it’s so difficult to get to sleep because we don have air-conditioning, not even fans. But we went to get ourselves a mini-fan each yesterday from Walmart so last nite was not too bad. And plus, it rained for the past 2 days in the afternoon so it kinda cooled the weather.
Ok, let’s hope that the weather stays cool and warm for the next few months. And I’m like I cant wait to get into the park to play the rides and take photos of everything, even though it’s my workplace la.
The ppl over here are pretty friendly, kinda different from back home. Like when u walk into a store, they’ll greet u and then when I’m working at the gates, ppl will greet up, make small talk and everything.
The food here’s kinda crappy. Don get a lot of vegetables here unless u buy them at the supermart. And it’s always sandwiches, bread, burgers, fries, pizza, pasta. I am so bored of all the food. I’m so wishing for some Chinese food man. I’ll take any crappy Cai Fun now la. And teh alia, roti prata, sambal kangkung, chicken rice, barley dessert, bubur hitam…yum.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home