Summer in the States 2006

Monday, July 10, 2006

Niagara Falls!

Breath-taking. Cool. Fun. Loads of water. Good memories.

The journey there took about 5 hours and we set off at about 6am.

Slept a lot on the bus and woke up only when the bus made a restroom stop and I got some coffee and choc muffin for breakfast. When we reached, there was a Hard Rock Café over there.

Then we took a stroll into Niagara Falls park.

On our way to the Maid of the Mist boat trip.

The Maid of the Mist boat we were on.

The Falls from the Maid of the Mist boat.

The Falls was really splendid when we were on the boat. Like they were right in front of us and the mist was really thick and humongous. Like wow. Cannot describe the feeling. Lucky we got rainsuits to protect us. We kinda look ridiculous huh.

That’s us drying off after the Maid of the Mist tour and that’s the observation tower.

We went for a picnic lunch after the Maid of the Mist at the Niagara Falls park and the weather was juz so nice, breezy and cool. Wat a wonderful day and afternoon spent there juz sitting there enjoying the weather.

After lunch, we slowly made our way to the Cave of the Winds site.

That’s a part of the Falls where the water flows down and forms the Falls.

There was a rainbow just below the parapet where I was at.

Check out the view. This is my favourite picture of all. Looks like u’re amongst clouds and looking down on land from Heaven or something rite.

Next up Hurricane Deck.

How do I describe the Hurricane Deck experience? It was the best part of the trip. Most fun. Most memories. Most water. Most wet. Basically, it was juz wild wild wet.

Hurricane Deck is the place where u get the closest to the Falls. As in like the water just falls on ur back when u go up to the deck. The feeling was really great. And when I got up there, I saw a rainbow at my feet! At my feet! How cool is that?! I mean, how often do u see a rainbow? Now it’s at my feet! I just wished I had the means to capture that in picture but there was just no way of doing so because I didn’t wanna ruin my digicam.

And there's us on top at the Hurricane Deck.

Water from the Falls was juz hitting my back and it was soooo fun that we were squealing (okay only I was squealing haha). I think they wanted to beat me up for squealing even though they were the ones who pulled me to the part where the water was hitting us on our backs. Like playing in the rain.

Hurricane Deck was pretty much the last attraction we visited and we slowly took a stroll back to the entrance and I went to the Hard Rock Cafe merchandise shop to buy my guitar pins!

It was really a super fun trip overall, nice weather, great company, even better scenery and the most touristy thing we did so far since we arrived in the States. Cant wait to end the contract so we can go travelling soon...

And that's the end of our Niagara Falls trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home