Summer in the States 2006

Friday, December 22, 2006

Last day of work!

A very much long awaited day indeed.

Bittersweet feelings when I put on my uniform (one of the more decent looking uniforms in CP) and got on the bus for work. Glad that the days of slogging in the unpredictable weather - almost unbearable rain/cold/hail/heat - are gone. But then again, it's time to bid everyone a final goodbye. It's like we never know when we'll see each other again, some probably not for the rest of our lives, though some, HOPEFULLY, we'll meet each other again should there be a chance.

A lot of up and downs during the days I've worked at CP but I'm always glad about the friends I met there for they make work much easier and happier.

People like Michael, whom I always work alongside with in the 2-persons cashier booths. He's been a source of laughter even when things get crazily busy, we still manage to make each other laugh till the customers think we're 2 lunatics in the booth.

I remember working with him at the Resort Gate with Niyoshi, Dalia, Pat and Tommy. It was a really fun 2 weeks then, though we never really got a chance to take photos at the Resort Gate come to think of it, all of us together.The picture above reminds me of how he would always take ion ages to count his money at the end of his shift. Like forever. Haha, because he sucks at multi-tasking and it is really so super easy to distract him that he will lose count of how much money there is and start counting all over again.


Maria from Michigan!


I remember when I first met her she really looked super intimidating because she put on a fierce face. Plus she was always cursing at the customers behind the booths (I think the window panels of the booths are kind of soundproof so the customers cant really hear us if we bitch about them - that's what Michael and I always do haha).

But anyways, Maria turned out to be really sweet in the end. She taught me the cashiering stuff and we would also end up bitching about CP and everything.

Susanna from Ecuador.

I only met her nearing the end of my work period because she came in pretty late. Anyways it was kind of nice working with her because we wont run out of topics to talk about, which is good. Becos it's totally boring to work with people whom u juz cant clique with and there're those awkward silences and what-should-I-talk-about-next moments.

Natallia - Ukraine siao-cha-bor.


Haha, she's pretty amusing and entertaining and so full of life. Probably because she's young (19). She has got the most amazingly long lashes I've seen and those big eyes of hers.

And so, Pat and I had to take our obligatory last photo together in the CP admissions office in our red and purple sweatshirts.

We took a photo with Sava too.

And Dariuz, from Poland. Haha, too bad he had his cap on because he juz had a mohawk haircut. Pretty cool.


Brokeback connections here, with Dariuz struggling to break free from Sav. Hah.

Then after we were done with all the photo-taking at the Front Gate, we went on our last CP tour.

We went on the Ferris wheel =)

Nice to see CP from the top with all the rollercoasters.

Millenium Force being the one on the extreme left, followed by Power Tower in the centre and Dragster on the extreme right.


The spinning thing in the background is MaxAir. Basically it's just spinning as it's swinging in the air. I didnt get on it becos I dont do up downs and swinging objects. Although I wouldnt have mind getting on Power Tower (that goes up then down) ;-)

And that's Wicked Twister in the background. A rollercoaster that twists and turns when it's going up to the highest point there in the picture.


Then we went to the Resort Gate to pay a visit to those working there.

People like Matt, the Michigan police officer who can be seen patrolling the Resort Gate area and entertain us with lame jokes. He's one of very few people who can differentiate between Pat and me, since a lot of our co-workers think we look alike and keeps on calling Pat by my name. Hah


Dalia and Ukraine girls were working at Resort that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home