Summer in the States 2006

Friday, March 16, 2007


NY Day 7 - Sep 11





So anyway, after leaving Ground Zero, we went on to walk around Manhatten for a bit. Walked past Macy's at Herald Square, New York City with the famous brownstone at 34th and Broadway. The flagship store there is also in the Guiness World Records as the world's largest department store building. And also the Trump Tower at Fifth Avenue, 58-storey skyscraper that provides the setting for The Apprentice.



We went to the Disney store nearby to look for a present for Lynn since she loves Winnie the Pooh. And I took this picture because of the sista's obsession with the Disney Princesses.




Oh and the Goofy at the entrance reminds me of someone I know. Haha.


Statue of Liberty paper mache for sale at one of the roadside stalls.


Next up was queuing for discounted Broadway tickets. Pat Yap is being zi-lian as usual. Haha.




Oh and we grabbed a cuppa since we were so bored waiting in line for the tickets.


In the end we managed to get tickets for Phantom of the Opera at like US$68 (after a 50% discount).

So, there was further walking around the area while waiting for the evening show.

A bus carrying an MTV advert.


Times Square, which isn't really a square as I thought it to be like the San Francisco Union Square. It turns out to be an intersection at the junction of Broadway & 7th Ave. The bright lights of the Broadway theatres and neon commercial signboards along Times Square reminds me a lil of Hong Kong.




Hard Rock Cafe.


The MTV store.


And finally it was time to watch the show at Majestic Theatre!



It's supposedly the longest running show in Broadway history, as everyone can read below...






Grabbing a few shots before the show starts...



All I can say is. The set is AMAZING. Beyond amazing. How do I even begin to describe how amazing it is without putting it into words that does no justice to it? Like mind-blowingly cool.


After the show ended, we met up with Lynn and her friend Damien, and went on to Junior's just around the corner. Ok, according to the website, it says that the restaurant serves the "most fabulous cheesecake and desserts". Okay. I don't dig cheesecakes, so I ordered sth chocolatey as usual. Everyone else ordered a cheesecake and we shared so we got a taste of a varietyful of cakes. Which was surprising nice. Yeah. So that pretty much sums up the New York trip basically, besides the frantic have-we-got-this attraction-covered phase. Food. From Cold Stone's to seafood to Chinatown to fastfood to cheesecakes and desserts. Checked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home